With Christmas over and 2013 ends, I have spent the last week reflecting on the goals I set for the year, what I achieved (and what I didn’t) and the major lessons I learned. It has been a year of major growth through great successes and some failures (well they weren’t really failures and I will get to that shortly).
I certainly don’t claim to have life all figured out nor do I believe I am perfect. I still have a lot to learn. I will always be learning as I don’t think there is ever a point where you can say you know it all.
What I know for sure is:
- You define your own life. In each moment you have choices on what to think, what to believe and how to act so use each moment to create the life of your dreams and don’t let other people write your story for you. Take 100% responsibility for each success (and failure) that occurs and remember that whatever someone did to you in the past or whatever happened, it has no power over the present – unless you allow it to.
- Let passion drive your profession. So many people talk about having a personal life and a professional life and yet I completely disagree… we all have one life and it is imperative to incorporate your passions into your profession so you are always doing what you love. If you like traveling then investigate how you can incorporate this into your business. When the lines become blurred between your profession and your personal loves then you will never work a day in your life.
- When you don’t know what to do, get still and quiet the mind. Focus on your breath and let your mind wander to where it needs to go (and no that doesn’t include what you will be cooking for dinner tonight). The answer will come.
- What you put out comes back all the time – no matter what. If you are kind, friendly and generous, you will attract kind, friendly and generous people and clients. If you pay your bills late, are frugal and mean spirited, then you will attract the same back. So be the person and type of client you would like to attract. Simple!
- You need to get comfortable being uncomfortable. The success we desire is always out of our comfort zone so we get challenged each time we want to make a leap forward. This challenge could be breaking through current beliefs, technology failures, losing a client, relationship issues and more. Keep focus on what you desire and understand that you need to move through the challenges to grow and achieve success.
- Each rejection is a course correction. Everyone has had rejection in their life and yet so many people get caught up in feeling like a failure and then not moving forward. Anyone who is successful knows that it isn’t personal and it is a way of the Universe (or whichever spiritual being you believe in) getting them back on course to their true north. Regardless of where you are on your journey, each moment brings a chance to start over.
- Celebrate success. No matter how small or whether the success is yours or someone else’s, celebrating success is a sure fire way to raise your energy and when shared, the energy of those around you. There is no need to listen to the naysayers who may think you are gloating or bragging. Understand they are on a different path. Your change in energy will bring more success in your life.
Ask yourself “what did I learn from these beliefs?”. Share below one lesson and action step you will take today to move you forward.