Marketing plans are often long and complicated documents that get filed away and never looked at again. But it doesn’t need to be that way. Creating a simple, effective and consistent marketing plan is the key to following through, getting results and growing your business.
I’m often asked “what marketing strategies work best” and the truth is, I can’t advise you which marketing strategy will work best for you without me you completing the foundation work of clarifying your vision for your life. Don’t just think I am talking about your vision for your business here – this must include the vision for your personal life too. This is the essential element in creating a life you love.
There is a lot of advice available to sort through so I will share with you the nuts and bolts of a marketing plan that will ensure you the best results.
- Understand who your ideal client is: I don’t want to hear you say “everyone” or “women” which is usually what new clients of mine say until I show them how, why and the amount of money they could make by getting crystal clear on their ideal client profile. it needs to be so specific that you could define not only their demographics but values and beliefs as well.
- Brainstorm your top marketing ideas: Take some time to write down your top marketing ideas and strategies that you want to implement in your business. Focus on what excites you the most as this will be the easiest for you to get done.
- Decide and schedule action steps: Break down each marketing strategy into action steps and schedule what you will do on a daily basis, weekly basis, monthly basis, quarterly basis and even a yearly basis. You may not know exactly what to do so get started with what you do know and the rest will start to unfold as you move forward.
- Get support: You may be thinking how you can get all this done as your schedule is already packed. To grow your business will require you taking some risks, calculated risks. If you don’t have employees to delegate your non-essential tasks to (scheduling, answering the phone, filing, accounts etc), consider taking the leap and hiring an employee before you feel you are ready, even if they start out casual or part time, to complete these tasks. This will leave you the time to invest in your business. Remember, the more time you spend marketing the quicker you will grow your business.
- Commit to the plan: Following through on a plan is what gets results. If you don’t do the work, then you can’t expect the success you desire. So do what is required each day, week, monthly, quarter and year for success to follow.
Once these marketing strategies are implemented, automated and achieving results, move on to the next two marketing strategies so you aren’t relying on one main income source. You need multiple marketing strategies bringing you income consistently to build a successful, long-term business.
Use the tips I’ve given you and get started today.