It seems that entrepreneurs these days are overwhelmed with all the different marketing strategies they can use to get clients and make more money. There are a myriad of traditional offline strategies and now a host of online strategies that are available.
These days there is so much focus on the online marketing strategies that entrepreneurs often neglect timeless marketing strategies that can be used regardless of whether an offline or online marketing campaign is being used.
Here are five timeless marketing strategies to get clients and make more money
- Use a fail-safe guarantee. With each possible purchase there is risk involved. Ultimately will this purchase deliver the results I am after? And with so many options available that promise results, how does an entrepreneur remove this risk and stand out from the competition? The answer is simply to provide a guarantee that removes any downside to the purchase. Worst case for the client is that they try the purchase and if they feel it doesn’t deliver, the problem is solved effortlessly and without stress. The added bonus is that the perception is that if such a strong guarantee is offered, the offering must be great.
- Have a call to action. What do you want potential clients to do when they see your marketing? Is it to sign up for a free special offer, buy a product or service that you offer, call you, email you or even visit you? You need to make is clear exactly what you want potential clients to do. It may not be obvious what you expect so don’t leave them hanging. Potential clients love to be shown the way.
- Build relationships. Business is all about people – owners, clients, suppliers, employees and contractors. People love to do business with people they know, like and trust. Not only build relationships with your clients but other business owners in complimentary industries. This could lead to other businesses promoting your product or service to their customers which are from the same or similar target market. For example, a bookkeeper could build a relationship with an accountant that would allow them to easily promote each other’s service to their own clients. It is a ‘win-win-win’ approach for both business owners and the client.
- Be consistent. As a business coach I see many entrepreneurs operating from a ‘feast or famine’ approach. When business is slow they market their business and get clients. They get busy and stop marketing. Clients stop coming and they market their business again. By consistently marketing and communicating with your existing clients, the inconsistent cash flow is solved and your clients will know, like and trust you. How would you feel if a business contacted you on an ad hoc basis every time they needed money? It isn’t the basis of a solid, long term, profitable relationship.
- Use testimonials that sell for you. Having social proof is a fantastic way to show potential clients what they can expect from purchasing your product or service. I heard a saying once ‘Don’t tell the world, show the world’ and this is exactly what happens with good testimonials. Testimonials are powerful. It is like free publicity compared to a paid advert or marketing strategy.
Now I would love to hear from you. In the comments below, tell me your biggest insight you are taking away from this?
If you found value in this article, please share it with your friends – it would mean the world to me. Thank you!
Do you need help with
Customer Acquisition ?
There are 232 Marketing Experts on standby