Yes they do. If you are friend with your parents on Facebook – it is not just to be ‘friend’. 43% of parents check out their kid’s profile daily! In our increasingly digital world, it is difficult for parents to monitor their children’s activities – so perusing social media is an obvious solution.
What your parents check the most on your profile?
- Status updates and photos you are tagged in.
So you might think twice before you tag yourself at that crazy party last night!
- An another statistic: 92% of parents are Facebook friends with their kids.
- 1 in 2 parents on Facebook admit part of why they joined was to keep tabs on their kids.
Be surprised to know:
- 45% of parents look at their kids Facebook profile daily
- 31% do it 4 to 5 times per week
- 14% look sporadically
- 11% check once per month
- 1% never
They are an estimated 7.5 million kids age 13 or younger on Facebook. 65% of 13-year-olds initiate friendship with their parents on the social network. By the time, they’re 20, only about 40% of kids wil friend request their parents.
1 in 3 teens on Facebook say they’re embarrassed by comments left by their parents. In fact, 30% say they would ‘unfriend’ them if they could! But whether you friend them or not, your parents are on Facebook to stay :)
This post is dedicated to all spying parents, mine included :)
Do you need help with
There are 125 social media marketing experts on standby