What is a QR code?
QR codes are specific matrix barcodes (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers, camera phones and tablets. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data. QR codes can be used in a wide variety of applications, such as manufacturing, logistics, and sales applications.
Where can I generate a QR code?
QR codes can be generated online for free. Just be sure to evaluate your options to be able to get the best service for your business needs.
Here are some of the top QR code generators available online:
5. Online Qr Lab
How can I use a QR code?
To clearly illustrate the concept of QR code, you may try these simple steps and perhaps your Facebook page (or a personal blog) can be used as your testing ground:
1) Open your Facebook page, then copy your URL address.
2) Go to any of the sites we provided earlier.
3) From the site you selected, paste or place your Facebook URL address in the Web Site URL field, other fields may provide you options such as color preference, pixel size, etc.
4) Then click Generate Code, as your personal code would only take a few seconds to produce. You may drag your QR code result to your desktop.
5) Open the QR scanning app from your smartphone or tablet. If you still do not have the app, you can download the app from RedLaser site or any other similar site. The application is available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Symbian phones (or tablet).
6) Use your smartphone’s (or tablet) camera to focus the code in your screen.
7) The application will recognize the code and automatically open up the link to your Facebook URL address, video or image in your phone’s browser.
We live in a world where some of the most important devices are already in our hands. This makes things relatively faster.As mobile trends start to outsell computers and our culture expects more at their fingertips; there is one thing that is clear as day – QR codes will become vital if not a necessity in the business world. Besides the fact that they are easy to make, QR codes makes sharing information just a scan away.
Do you need help with
There are 253 digital marketing experts on standby