Small business challenges
It's important to find and hire good service professionals at different stages of a business. From the early stages of starting a business to growing and scaling the business, experienced service professionals can help provide the right advice and support. There are many different service professionals ranging from accountants and lawyers, to web designers and online marketing experts. It doesn't mean we have to hire these professionals on a full-time or a retainer basis, sometimes only a few hours or a few days is all we'd need, depending on the scope of project.
How service professionals can help
As small business owners, we are often conscious on our budget and unwilling to spend the money to delegate to professionals for such services. However, if you think about it, the time you spend on these mundane tasks could have been used to work on your small business and create a better service for your own customers. In addition, while it is possible to multi-task and do everything ourselves, the result is prone to errors as we are not qualified professionals and therefore most likely unable to replicate the desired level of service our business might actually need. On the other hand, when we find and engage a service professional, we have the peace of mind that a well-informed expert is taking care of the details. We have to be willing to delegate such services in order for our small business to be successful.
Finding the right service professional
The challenge is that finding good service professionals is a daunting and time-consuming task. Depending on the services required, there are so many considerations when choosing a good service professional, such as:
- What services do they offer? Are their services a good fit for your current and immediate future needs?
- What are their relevant professional qualifications?
- What products do they use to deliver their services? Are they the right products for your business?
- What relevant prior experiences do they have in delivery similar services?
- What is the size of their team?
- Do these service professionals specialise in your industry?
- Which location area(s) do they service? Does their office location matter to you?
- What customer reviews have they received from their most current projects?
- Can they show how well-informed they are about changes in regulation that may affect your business?
- Are their services reasonably priced? What are their billing cycles?
- Can they show you how responsive and reliable they will be in dealing with your concerns?
These are only some of the considerations, which is why it is hard to find good service professionals. A Google search produces millions of search results, and is therefore overwhelming and confusing. Many of us rely on referrals from friends and family. Despite their best intentions, since the needs for one business is usually different to another business, it is still difficult and time consuming to determine if they are actually the right professional for your business.
Get free quotes from service professionals in your area
At SavvySME, our goal is to help make it easier for you to find the right service professional for your business. We have a wide range of service professionals in the community, who are willing to help. All you have to do is tell us about your needs, and we will introduce you to matching service professionals who are available and interested to help you. You can then compare their customised quotes along with their profile and reputation in the community to determine the right professional for your business. You can welcome to contact them directly with any questions you may have. When you’re ready, you can hire the right professional. This introduction feature is a free and no obligation service. Our aim is simply to help you save time and take a lot of the guesswork out of the process so that you have more confidence in making the right decision.