FAQ for Sellers
- Why should I sell on SavvySME?
- How do I make money on SavvySME?
- How do I apply to become a seller on SavvySME?
- How much is your sales commission?
- How do I get paid?
- Getting Started?
- How do I upload my listing(s)?
- How do I set up shipping methods?
- How do I create a packing slip?
- How do I ship a product?
- Rendering Service Offers
- How do I provide proof of shipment?
- What shipping services do you recommend?
- What to do when you can't fulfil an order?
- What to do when your customer did not receive your order?
- The customer files a credit card charge back or makes a claim
- The customer requests the seller to cancel an order before it is shipped
- The customer is unable to receive the order at the address provided
- No Exchanges and Returns
- Cancelling a listing
Why should I sell on SavvySME?
Small business is a highly fragmented market and dispersed across the web, making marketing to small businesses challenging. SavvySME is a B2B community marketplace exclusive to Australian small and medium businesses. The site brings together a captive audience of quality businesses in the thousands looking for daily inspirations, news as well as products and services to help them grow their business.
SavvySME is designed specifically to combine collaborative aspects of a community with a vibrant B2B marketplace for buying and selling business related products and services. It helps you to build all-important trust with your prospects in the community. By listing on the marketplace, you can significantly increase your exposure and reach to gain net new customers who are like-minded and more likely to stay with you in the longer term.
SavvySME represents a low-cost, effective and risk free approach to gain new customers.
How do I make money on SavvySME?
Apart from product sales, the marketplace is a lead generation site for B2B services. It allows you to package up a special / introductory offer to attract new leads with each successful transaction when your new customers purchase the offer. It gives you a stream of opportunities to demonstrate your expertise and impeccable service to up sell and keep your new customers for the longer term. Satisfied customers will be able to provide testimonials easily and in turn refer others to you.
In return for helping you gain new customers, SavvySME charges a low flat fee for each lead secured from a successful transaction. See below for our current schedule of fees.
How do I apply to become a seller on SavvySME?
1. To apply to become a seller, click 'Become a seller' in the top menu.
The page it takes you to will outline the benefits of becoming a seller on SavvySME.
2. Click on the List your products or services now button, provide your business information where requested, and click to submit your listing. Please allow up to 2 business days for your listing to be assessed
Note: You may be asked to sign-up and/or complete your business listing, if you haven't already.
How much is your sales commission?
As a seller, you will be categorised as either a Service Provider or Product Seller. Once approved, you are only authorised to sell in your approved categories.
Current Schedule of Fees
(Anything that is shipped or downloadable - such as stationery, computers, software, eBooks, gift vouchers, training, subscriptions, event tickets)
(Non-products such as Accounting, Web design, SEO, Call Centre, Marketing, Copywriting, Virtual Assistance and other services
|Number of listings allowed||Unlimited||Unlimited|
10% of sale price
Example: If a product is advertised for $100 plus shipping cost, then commission payable is $10
Flat fee per sale:
$50 per lead
Modify/remove listing at any time
Modify/remove listing at any time
*For a limited time only, subject to change
**All prices are inclusive of GST
Product - Items which need to be shipped / downloaded either electronically or physically e.g. SaaS, Tickets, Online Training, etc.
Service - Items which are intangible e.g. Marketing service, Accounting service, etc.
For avoidance of doubt, an item will be considered a Service if it could be categorised as either a Product or Service and SavvySME reserves the right to make the final judgement.
How do I get paid?
At the end of each calendar month, we will calculate sales and commission amounts for completed orders in that month, and notify you of the final account balance for the month. Depending on the balance, we will either issue you a tax invoice, or request for you to send us a tax invoice in order for us to pay you.
Note: We will make every effort to pay you within 7 days of receiving your invoice. * Please note that you need to provide us with an invoice you to get paid.
Accessing your seller dashboard and control panel.
1. Check your company profile is up to date
Please double check that your company profile information is correct on your seller dashboard, especially if you have a different shipping and billing address. You do this by going to Account -> Edit profile
Click "Save Changes" if it is correct
2. List your products and services
Now you’re ready to start listing your items on our marketplace. Please see the instructions below:
Submit your listing for approval. Note: that some products or prohibited and will not be approved. See list of prohibited products here.
Approval can take up to 48 hours, and once your products are approved you will receive an approval email from our system.
3. Set up shipping (Product Sellers ONLY)
If you are approved as a product seller, this means you are shipping physical products which require shipping information. Please refer to our FAQ’s on setting up shipping. Otherwise if you have been approved as a Service seller, you can skip this step.
4. Share your products and services
To ensure that you have the best chances of getting a sale, please share your listing with your social accounts and networks. For further tips on how to do this please refer to how to share your deal. [link]
How do I upload my listing(s)?
1. Sign in to www.savvysme.com.au/marketplace/vendor.php
2. Go to Products > Products.
3. Click on the + Sign. This will open up a blank Product page.
4. Enter the details of the product:
- Categories - you can pick multiple categories which is most appropriate to the product.
- Price is the Advertised Selling price.
- Full Description is where you enter the full description + any special Terms & Conditions. We recommend that you consider appending these to your description:
Special Terms & Conditions:
- Areas of Service / Delivery: e.g. Physical Meetings available in Sydney. Other areas to be conducted via phone and email.
- Offer Expiry Date (date by which Offer must be redeemed from seller): 30 days from Purchase
- SavvySME and Seller reserve the right to revoke the Offer at any time.
- This Offer is made available in accordance with the seller's terms and conditions.
- Status must be Active. Hidden means the product will not be visible to the public but customers can access it via a direct link. Disabled means the product is not available.
- Images: This is the main image of the product and can be uploaded from your computer or from a URL. Minimum dimensions of image is 303 pixels x 303 pixels. Maximum size is 1Mb.
- CODE: This is the Product Code.
- List Price: This is the normal or RRP
- In Stock: This is how many you have available
- Maximum Order Quantity: – Maximum number of product items that a customer can order at a time. 0 means no Maximum limit per customer.
- Click on blue Create button. This will create a few additional tabs on the Product page.
- You may load additional images by clicking on the Images tab.
- Click on Shipping Properties and enter the following:
- Weight (kgs) - This is used to calculate shipping charges.
- Free Shipping - – If selected, the product is delivered to the customer free of charge. This should be selected for Services e.g. Marketing Services.
- Shipping freight ($) - Handling fee (insurance, packaging, etc.) added to the product cost.
- Items in a box - Minimum and maximum number of product items to be shipped in a separate box.
- The other tabs have been disabled.
5. We will review and approve the product within 24 hours. Sellers will receive email notification on whether their products has been approved or declined. Once the product is approved, it will be visible to the public.
How do I set up shipping methods?
Below are instructions on how to set up your shipping rates for your products. Please note that you will only need to set this up if you are shipping physical products. Note: Setting up a shipping method is NOT mandatory for every store.
Setting up a shipping method if you sell products that require physical shipping
1. Each Seller must set up their own Shipping methods by going into Administration -> Shipping Methods.
2. To set up a Shipping Method using Australia Post, follow these steps:
- Click on the + sign to add a new Method.
- Create a method e.g. Australia Post
- Provide details such as Delivery Time, Weight limits, and set to Manual Rate Calculation.
- Check the GST box.
- Click save
3. Click back into the shipping option you created:
- Go into Shipping Charges tab > select Australia and choose one of the following methods to calculate your shipping:
- By Cost
- By Weight
- By Item
- Select your calculation method and enter the criteria in which you want to calculate the shipping costs.
- You add further criteria as necessary with the "+" button. The below example represents a product that will cost $5 to ship if it is under $20 and $10 to ship when it's over $20.
How do I create a packing slip?
1.Go into the View Order screen
2.Click on the Gear icon and choose Print Packing Slip.
Note: if there are multiple line items on the Order, then cross-out items which will not be in this shipment.
How do I ship a product?
1. Go into the Order Page
2. Click on the New Shipment link at the bottom right hand corner.
3. This will open a pop-up window. Provide the following details:
- Shipping method (from above)
- Tracking Number (note: sellers that are shipping physical products will be required to provide tracking numbers to proof shipment of the order no tracking number is needed for goods that are not being delivered. Note: You will not be paid if tracking number is not provided).
- Carrier - Choose from the list provided (this is the carrier related to the Shipping method)
- Change the Order Status to Complete
- Check the Send shipment notification to customer
- Click Create button.
Rendering Service Offers
Once you have rendered your services, you can change the status of the Order to Complete. SavvySME reserves the right to validate the completion of service orders by contacting the customer before payouts can be made.
How do I provide proof of shipment?
The shipping services you use matter. It's important that you choose a shipping service that can provide you with documentary evidence that the item was shipped to the buyer's address listed on the SavvySME Transaction Details page. In the event that a buyer files a chargeback, reversal, or claim, we'll need this information when deciding the outcome.
What shipping services do you recommend?
Australia Post Registered Post, Express post and eParcel.
* Currently we does not support international shipping and will only be servicing customers within Australia only.
What is your policy for Returns, Refunds and Cancellations?
Here are examples of situations when you may need to refund, accept returns or cancel orders:
- You can't fulfill the order
- The customer did not receive your order
- The customer files a credit card chargeback or makes a claim through SavvySME
- The customer requests the seller to cancel an order before it is shipped
- The customer is unable to receive the order at the address provided.
What to do when you can't fulfil an order
- Locate the Order
- Click on the Status drop-down; ensure that the Notify customer, Notify orders department and Notify vendor are all ticked and click on Cancelled.
What to do when your customer did not receive your order
Try and reach a mutually agreeable solution with the buyer in regards to this transaction. How you decide to proceed is ultimately determined by your customer service policy, but all sellers are expected to demonstrate a high level of customer service or risk being suspended or banned from selling on SavvySME.
Your options include:
- Asking the buyer to wait a bit longer for their order to arrive. If you choose this option, please be aware that the buyer may eventually file a claim if the order is not received.
The customer files a credit card charge back or makes a claim
SavvySME will pass on any chargebacks or monetary loss from a dispute that is a direct result of your failure to provide the product or service to you at the end of the calendar month. A clear explanation will be provided as to why this cost is incurred.
The customer requests the seller to cancel an order before it is shipped
There is no mechanism available for buyers to cancel a Marketplace order. In those cases, the buyer will sometimes contact you directly to request that the order be cancelled. If you haven't shipped the item, then you may simply cancel the order.
The customer is unable to receive the order at the address provided
If the buyer cannot receive the item at the address submitted (or if the address is obviously invalid), you should cancel the order.
You may want to contact the buyer to inform them of this situation, but you should not ship to another address. For reasons of account security, we cannot permit buyers to change their shipping addresses after an order is placed. You should ask the buyer to place a new order with a valid shipping address. The order should be cancelled even if you are not able to reach the buyer by e-mail.
No Exchanges and Returns
All sales on SavvySME are final and we do not provide exchanges or returns. If the product is damaged on arrival then the Buyer may make a claim by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'REQUEST FOR REFUND' in the Subject header. In such cases, SavvySME will contact you to resolve the situation.
Cancelling a listing
Listings can be cancelled at any time, however all sales that have been completed prior to the removal of the listing will still be treated as a contract between you and the buyer and will need to be honoured. To cancel the listing please contact: email@example.com with the link to the product that you want to remove as well as a brief explanation as to the reason.