All employees in Australia will be employed under a common law contract of employment, which specifies the terms and conditions of their employment under their employer. This contract is subject to Federal and State legislative requirements.
The employment contract may be based on a workplace agreement between an employer and a group of employees or industry-based awards.
It’s important to distinguish between Employment agreements and agreements with independent contractors as the provisions differ significantly. If you’re looking for an independent contractor agreement they can be found here.
It’s important the Employment Agreement you use strikes a healthy balance between meeting your obligations as an Australian Employer whilst maximising your business interests.
Our comprehensive Employment Agreement contains all the relevant terms and conditions and can be tailored to suit your specific business needs. Some of the terms and conditions in our agreement include:
- The scope of employment
- Duties, obligations and responsibilities of the Employee
- Expense Reimbursement for business expenses
- Comprehensive Confidentiality Agreement
- Unauthorised Disclosure of Information: preventing the employee from disclosing any information sensitive to the business
- Confidentiality after Termination
- A comprehensive Non-Compete Agreement
- Provision preventing the Employee contracting on the Employer’s behalf without express permission
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Employment Term and Termination
- Compliance with Employer Rules, Policies, and Procedures
- Return of Property
- No Waiver
- The Agreement is entire
Download our Comprehensive Employment Agreement now.