What sort of budget is required to have someone work on SEO optimisation?
website touch ups etc in order to show up on the first page in google? I just starting paying $200 pmth through google business to not even show up on the first page locally.
Something to remember is that your competitors are also spending time and money trying to reach that top spot. And some probably have done for years. It will take lots of effort to get ahead.
Here are some tips:
1. Do lots of research on your target market and what they want help with. Provide them with well written content on what they want to know in a blog on your website.
2. Make it user friendly
3. No broken links or errors
4. Consider Google AdWords as you'll then show on top of the search results.
Its can be ongoing spend from $100 to $5k+ per month. Spend is only one part of the equation.
- What are they exactly doing for your spend?
- Can you accurately measure the performance and success?
- Is it in line with your sales & marketing goals?
The results that you accurately measure can only dictate the value and justify the spend.
Otherwise its easy to burn lots of cash on SEO for little tangible results, other than what they tell you to make you feel good.
There is a lot you can do yourself as a foundation, but not recommended for most business owners starting out in competitive markets. Their time is best used in their area of expertise instead.