What do I need to include in a tax invoice?
Are there any important items or important information that I need to include on my tax invoice for my business?
George Grimekis CPA ,
Accountant at Alpha Omega Accounting & Business Solutions
Generally you need to include 7 items on tax invoices.
For sales less than $1,000:
1) Need to show document is intended to be a tax invoice (usually done by showing the words TAX INVOICE at the top)
2) Your identity
3) Your ABN
4) The date you issued the invoice
5) A description of items including quantity sold (if applicable) and the price
6) The GST amount if any
7) The extent to which each sale on the invoice includes GST
For sales over $1000 you also need to include:
8) The buyers identity or ABN
Clicking on the below link also gives you A.T.O guidance on how to set out invoices.