What sort of tax agent should I use for USD and AUD earnings?

I have business clients in both Australia and the United States, what kind of tax agent or accountant should I use?

Top voted answer
Sathyanarayanan Srinivasa

Sathyanarayanan Srinivasa, Registered Tax Agent & Accountant at


The criteria for selecting the appropriate Accountant or Tax Agent depends on the complexity of the business and the cost factor as well.In your case you have to comply with various tax obligations in the country where your business is registered and how you derive the income is important.Other factors include, the nature of the business, entity type, number of transactions and the currency of billing etc. For further assistance or discussions you may call me on 0424419130 for personal discussions.

George Grimekis CPA

George Grimekis CPA, Accountant at Alpha Omega Accounting & Business Solutions

Hi Fred,

Most tax agents/accountants should be able to help you out, however this is a complex area so maybe engage one that has experience with clients who operate overseas.

Generally speaking, all overseas income is declared in Australia and you can claim a foreign tax offset, for any tax that you have paid i the overseas jurisdiction, to prevent double taxation.

Depending on how you're structured, it may be a case of engaging 1 accountant in the U.S to look after your affairs there and 1 accountant in Australia.

My first step would be to engage a local accountant, discuss your needs and concerns with them, and go from there.