What Is The Biggest Challenge You Face With People In Business?
After many years in leadership, consulting and entrepreneurial roles, I've come to believe that we are all great business people. Then we employ people - that's when the headaches start for the entrepreneur.
So, my question to you is what is the biggest challenge you face with people in your business?
- Consulting Director at Prosperity Media
- Suite 148, 418 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, AU, Sydney NSW 2000, Toronto, ON M5V
I have managed some decent size teams over the last few years here are a few tips from my experience to stop problems from happening:
1. Keeping people motivated.
2. Keeping people paid market rates.
3. Keeping the team happy.
4. Keeping the team empowered with the correct responsibility.
5. Keeping the team up to date with KPI and performance reviews every 6 months.
- Principal at Scott Brown Recruitment
- Albert St Redwood Heights Alameda County
Whilst I don't have employees myself, I have worked with plenty of businesses who do. The major challenge that comes up time and time again is keeping a cohesive culture. James' 5 points are excellent and all pertain to keeping a positive, engaged and productive culture. The challenge is when employees move or growth happens, and new employees are required. How do they maintain that culture that has been fostered over a period of time and ensure that new employees are able to integrate well into it? It's not as easy as you would initially think.