Do you use video in your online marketing? Why or why not?
Video is powerful but it can be expensive, so you need a clear reason and strategy for it.
Also, no video should be untranscribed. It costs just a few dollars for an (outsourced) transcription and you should always get one done, whether the video is an interview or a visual presentation of data. Link to the transcription by the video, to give people the option of reading, just as the ABC does with its programming.
- many people prefer to read than watch
- someone's internet connection might be slow (or expensive if they're on mobile data)
- people often want to scan content quickly, or skip to a particular part, or re-read that part
- more people than you realise have hearing difficulties
- people may be in an office where watching video is frowned upon or even banned (believe it or not, there are still companies that block YouTube)
So always offer an alternative. It's also easier for people, including media, to quote from a written transcript.
Video is a powerful asset to any digital strategy, the difference is many people do it well and many people don't do it well.
My advice is invest in some high quality video for your business, have some one who knows what they are doing edit it.
Upload it to all the key sites and not YouTube, put it on Daily Montion, Vimeo ect.