What are the five key steps to launching and selling a b2b service online?
Wendy Huang ,
Full Time Blogger and YouTuber at A Custom Blog in 4 Minutes
Hmmm 5 eh?
For me, depending on the service of course it'll have to be:
1. A website
2. Create blog/social media accountings (pick 3 networks) and networking through social media
3. A online sales funnel planned and mapped out including landing pages and follow up email series.
4. Write an ebook or online freebie to entice your website visitors e.g. free evaluation or ebook or stats and share this on your above blog and social networks
5. Attend REAL LIFE events and hand out cards with your website on them and then connect through social media to nurture the connection.
Then after the what is mapped out then it's about refining the "how you do it" which will take a while in itself :)!
I hope this helps and would love to hear what others think :D!
Here are 3 tips on targeting b2bs from past experience:
1. Find out where your customers are - Facebook, Linkedin ect? Many b2b customers seem to be on Linkedin you can also target them via advanced targeting on Facebook.
2. Find out the best type of marketing to target your customers? What type of images are going to convert?
3. Make sure you have a good quality website which is going to allow customers to convert.
Phil Joel ,
Director at SavvySME
Great question and we would love to hear about your product. I would say at a high level, your plan needs to consider the following:
- Target customer
- Sales funnel - will you expect to sell the product directly through the website or do you just want to setup initial appointments to sell the product.
- How to get in front of target customers e.g Paid traffic, or SEO, Social Networks
- How to engage and build trust with visitors on the site once they land on your site from above e.g. through newsletlers
- Conversion and Optimisation - Study visitor behaviour and then perform A/B testing. Once you have data, you'll be able to work out what the cost-per-acquisition is and determine how much you can afford to spend on marketing.
- Referrals - encourage your followers / customer to refer