Official FAQ
Official FAQ Answer Wiki at SavvySME

Can a tax agent lodge BAS?

Is a tax agent authorised to lodge a BAS statement or do I need a BAS agent?

Cliona Elliott

Cliona Elliott, Senior Editor at

Similar to a BAS agent, a registered tax agent can prepare, lodge, amend and pay your BAS statements on your behalf. As your registered agent, they can also view any correspondence sent to you by the ATO. Tax agents and BAS agents share similar knowledge and skills, except tax agents are qualified (and authorised) to advise you on a broader scope of tax law and issues such as income tax returns, reviewing annual income and expenditures and determining the relevant tax deductions to your business.

Related Articles