Redbull is probably the most popular but that is no longer a secret.
Passion, that is all it really comes down to. If you don't have passion for the product at least have passion for the sales of it.
If you know what you are doing and not trying to sell a half baked product you will be fine. The reality is a lot of people want to know the "secret", the truth is there is no secret, just hard work. If you have contacts in the industry that is a good start. If you don't! then make some.
At the end of the day if you are not passionate about it and only want to work 9 to 5 then you are wasting your time.
Get out there, let people know who you are and what you are about. Ask questions and don't be afraid to fail. Learn, research and love what you do. There's a start however that is something we already know.
What is your definition of a success business person?
I won't try to speak for everyone but here are some things that I believe are helpful:
- Stay Teachable - never stop learning. When you do, you become irrelevant or potentially have your business disrupted by an innovator (someone that continues to learn)
- Stay Adaptable - having a routine is great, but don't adhere to it beyond logic. If something isn't working, fix it.
- Be Helpful - show others that you are willing to help them overcome something you have dealt with previously.
- Be Audacious - you must be willing to risk something, so go all in.
- Persevere - you must grind it out. Failures happen large and small, learn from them and keep going.
- Dream Proactively - you must put actions to dreams to move them forward. Words are good but action is better.
Perseverance. Whether you're an actor, an entrepreneur, an athlete or otherwise, if you are aspiring to grand "success", you will encounter roadblock after roadblock after roadblock. What differentiates the failures from the Michael Jordans and Richard Bransons is often a string of setbacks in which the latter two pushed and persisted through.
I reckon it's grit, some people have it, others don't. Grit is a personality trait of passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. I wrote about it here https://www.savvysme.com.au/article/445-do-you-have-the-will-to-succeed-do-you-have-grit-to-grow-your-business