How do I sell web development services for the first time?
- Designer & Strategic Marketter at Wiild Interactive
Getting customers is always a challenge, relying on SEO is a huge gamble.
A couple of suggestions:
- Reach out to family and friends to see if they are interested in your services
- Contact businesses that you know, cafe's that you frequent, etc
- Post an ad on gumtree
- Find some local networking events
- Get in touch with similar businesses in the area and have a chat
I think I've used all these approach myself, remember people are people and the easiest way to connect and establish a relationship is to talk to them, not from behind a screen.
- Marketing Trainer, Consultant and Speaker and Wordpress Spec at Krishna Everson Marketing
Some good suggestions above. I would like to add - start with what you have in your hand. Do you have a background in a particular industry where you already have contacts? Are they likely to need websites? Establish your position, and let people know you are meeting their online needs. If you try and be everything to everybody, you are increasing competitors rather than clients. Ask yourself where the open doors already exist. Create a landing page that targets that industry and then promote it.
you can use seo for your website designing service thats the only and best way to sell your service.
When I first launch something new I spend big with adwords. Then once I know the most popular key words people use I buy those domain names. Adwords puts your site at the top instantly and helps you gain an understanding of what people are typing when searching for your services.
So I would recommend spending a large amount for the first week of adwords to ensure your ad is always at the top, then wide back the spend as you start to see the common keywords. Modify your current site to ensure those key words are in your content and buy up the keywords as domain names.