Content Marketing Agencies in Point Cook
Professional writers will work with you to make your business communication more effective. By understanding your business and your audience, they will step into your shoes and use their expertise to craft language which is more compelling to your potential customers.
What should I do before engaging a content marketing agency?
The very first thing you should do is ask yourself: who am I speaking to? The answer to that question defines every other part of the writing process. Professional writers of all kinds will ensure that they pitch their writing style, their diction and their subject difficulty to match the intended audience. By doing some preparation to determine who that audience is, you allow your writer to jump right in and get to work.
You should also think about the purpose of the writing you need. Do you want sales or more website visitors? Is it important to incorporate SEO techniques to assist your search engine marketing? Where will the finished writing be appearing?
Providing the answers to these questions upfront will help a potential writer know if they are the right fit for you.
What does the writing process usually look like?
Every writer is different, so it's wise to discuss the writing process with them on the first engagement to ensure you are both on the same page.
In almost all cases, you will need to provide your writer with a brief. The brief should include:
- An outline of the key points the writer needs to make
- An example of the writing style(s) that you like
- An explanation of the purpose of the writing and what action (if any) you would like the reader to make
- The intended audience
- The amount of words required
This will provide enough background for your writer to produce a first draft. After drafting, you will need to review the draft in detail and provide feedback if it requires editing. Most writers expect 1 or 2 rounds of editing, so if you are unclear or do not go into sufficient detail with your feedback you may find they charge you extra for further rewriting. To avoid this, discuss how they will handle rewriting and how many rounds of editing will be permissible before the project begins.
What are some common mistakes when hiring a content marketing agency?
- Assuming they know what you know: your writer can't read your mind, so it's important to go into as much detail as you possibly can about your business and the purpose of using their writing
- Not having clear expectations and goals: while it can sometimes be difficult to know exactly what you need before seeing a draft, having unclear or uncertain goals is bound to lead to more rewriting
- Not discussing fees: every writer will have their own protocol for dealing with additional rewriting, and if you don't discuss it with them upfront you may wind up with an invoice you didn't expect
- Not providing detailed feedback: it's not enough to simply say we want it to be punchier, you need to go over the writing with a fine tooth comb and indicate what works, what doesn't work and why