Virtual Assistants in Risdon Vale
Hiring a virtual assistant (VA) is a great option for small business owners when you need to scale up without spending a fortune.
What is a virtual assistant (VA)?
A virtual assistant (VA) is someone who works from a remote office location and provides assistance and administrative support in whatever areas your business requires.
A virtual assistant is just like a regular employee, except there is much more flexibility in terms of working hours and arrangements. You communicate with your VA online via Skype, Zoom, email or phone.
Why should I hire a virtual assistant (VA)?
Hiring a VA comes with a whole bunch of benefits. Here are just some of the reasons why you should hire a VA:
- Increase productivity: Your VA can take care of the tasks you don’t have time for so you can do other tasks that may have been sitting on the backburner.
- Lower your costs: VAs don’t need an office, insurance or superannuation. Because you're only paying for what you need, the cost of hiring a VA is much cheaper than hiring full-time staff.
- Focus fully on your business: With extra time in your hands, you can focus much more closely on growing your business. For example, one hour of working on a business strategy may be $100 per hour if you hire a consultant, while one hour of data entry may be worth $25 if you hire a virtual assistant. Doesn't it make more sense to outsource a $25 task, so you can work on a $100 per hour task?
How do I hire a virtual assistant (VA) in Risdon Vale?
There is no designated qualification for a virtual assistant. They usually have considerable experience in a particular area.
Some VAs cater to a specific target market such as home businesses and startups or a specific industry.
Consider these factors to choose the best VA:
- Experience and education background
- Previous clients and industries
- Location and time zone (if relevant to your business)
- References, if available
- English proficiency
- How the VA charges, i.e. per hour or per project
- Personality and character - you need to hire someone you feel comfortable talking to, who you can get along with and is proactive and honest.
Are you ready to hire a virtual assistant and start focusing on the areas you’ve just not had the time and resources for?